Do you suspect that your child might be gifted? If so then it might be time to take the next step! We have over ten years of experience testing and assessing gifted and talented children in the Denver area.
General Information about our Gifted and Talented testing services:
- Gifted testing for children ages 4 and older.
- Scores/reports for admission to gifted and talented schools. (The WPPSI-IV is typically administered to children applying to kindergarten and 1st grade and the WISC-V is administered to children applying to 2nd grade and up.)
- Assessment reports include the scores you need for your child’s application as well as written report explaining the meaning of the scores as they apply to your child’s unique strengths and areas for future development.
- Dr. Cirulli is the Clinical Director who oversees all of the testing; she is a Licensed Psychologist in the State of Colorado.
- Dr. Jen Kress provides cognitive assessment for gifted and talented testing under the clinical supervision or Dr. Cirulli.
- Dr. Cirulli specializes in the testing of Gifted and Talented Children and works with several area schools to test prospective students for their Gifted Programs.
- Call Dr. Cirulli directly to discuss your particular situation and receive a price quote. (303) 903-4305
- Testing Office Location: Downtown Denver; a quiet and welcoming environment for your child to concentrate to do their best.
Answers to Frequently Asked Questions:
- What does it mean to be Gifted?
From the National Association for Gifted Children: “Gifted individuals are those who demonstrate outstanding levels of aptitude (defined as an exceptional ability to reason and learn) or competence (documented performance or achievement in top 10% or rarer) in one or more domains. Domains include any structured area of activity with its own symbol system (e.g., mathematics, music, language) and/or set of sensorimotor skills (e.g., painting, dance, sports).”
- How is Giftedness tested?
Testing instruments such as the WPPSI-IV and the WISC-V provide an objective and systematic way for identifying gifted children. These tests are often used as a point of reference for entrance into specific programs or schools. The tests consists of several age-appropriate activities looking at various areas of cognitive functioning. Giftedness is best evaluated in conjunction with other factors and assessment measures.
- What are some common characteristics of gifted children?
This can vary quite widely, but generally some characteristics to look for if you think your child is gifted are: rapid learner, curious, asks thoughtful questions, excellent memory, strong ability to maintain attention & concentration, large vocabulary for their age, creative, a good sense of humor, flexible, and verbose.
We look forward to working with you and your child!
Copyright © 2021 Colorado Counseling Group - All Rights Reserved.